Bottle Drive Tips
Follow these easy steps to organize a profitable bottle drive!
|Step 1 – Put your team together
- Form a team (it might be a committee already in place for fundraising or other community activities)
- Choose a team leader for the drive
- Assign responsibilities for the following steps
|Step 2 – Contact Us
Call us to register your drive 604-532-0239 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is information here on our site explaining:
|Step 3 – Establish the best collection method that suits your style
- Central Site Collection | Find a good central location like a field, church or parking lot and let the beverage containers come to you.
- Neighbourhood Pick-Up | It’s kind of like door-to-door but with a twist. Drop off flyers in your community that ask people to leave their containers in front of their houses. Then, when your event day comes around, simply swing by and pick them up.
- Bulk Account | Call us and have an account set up for your group. Anytime a member of your group or community returns containers, they can donate the money to your group’s fundraising account. (Pleease remember to quote account # at cashier booth)
|Step 4 – Spread the word & get social
- Once you have decided on the date, the area and the collection method, you can coordinate the publicity. This is essential to a successful drive.
- Have a reason for the drive such as buying sports equipment, financing a trip, helping in a building program or supporting a charity. Some goal the community can get behind.
- Print simple flyers with:
- Name of your organization
- Reason for drive
- Date of drive
- Time for collection
- Collection method (door-to-door or central location)
- List of what you are collecting
- Telephone number people can call for information
- Deliver a flyer to every home in your collection area
- Make sure every member of your group has flyers to take home
- Write a short announcement of the event, including the information on the flyer, and send it to the community events page of your local newspaper and to the public service announcement departments at local radio and television stations
The most effective method of distributing information is delivery of door-to-door notices. If you have the volunteers to do this, you should deliver the notices twice—one month before the drive and the week of the drive.
- Get social – create a Facebook event for your drive and invite as many people as possible. Use Twitter and email too!
|Step 5 – Assign collection teams and equipment
- If you have chosen a door-to-door or neighbourhood pick-up collection, divide the area into sections and assign collectors, drivers and vehicles to these areas
- If you have chosen a central site or depot drop-off, have a team onsite to greet people bringing in donations, and facilities for handling empty containers until you’re ready to deliver them to a Return-It Depot
- Make sure packers follow the guide according to size and type. Soft drink and juice containers must be kept separate from containers for beer and other alcohol beverages. It is very important to label each bag with the date and Name of your Organization.
- Glass bottles should be packaged in cardboard boxes, in any quantity and sizes, making sure the number can be easily checked.
Have enough volunteers on hand to sort containers. This will help make your drive efficient. GOOD LUCK AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING YOU WITH YOUR SUCCESSFUL FUNDRAISER!
For any assistance contact us at 604-532-0225 or email at email@example.com